This course has been redeveloped specially for delivery over a videoconferencing service such as GoToMeeting or Zoom. Attendees are welcome from the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The language of the course will be English.
Three 5-hour sessions on different days. Exact timings will be specified for each course.
This course provides overview of the HL7 Version 2 standard with a focus on understanding it from an implementation perspective. HL7 version 2 is the main interoperability standard used to support workflows within a hospital setting. Knowledge of HL7 version 2 is effectively a requirement for all those interested in achieving systems interoperability in a healthcare setting.
Who should attend?
This training course is aimed at those that require an introduction to the HL7 Version 2 standards, designed for those who need to implement it, and for those that need to understand how it will impact their system integration strategy. It is a practical and hands-on training course which is aimed at helping those involved with the design, development, implementation, deployment and support of systems that use (or will use) the HL7 Version 2 standard.
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the core components of the HL7 version 2 standard.
- Find their way around the documentation.
- Create, edit and troubleshoot HL7 messages.
Attendees should have some knowledge of data modelling and be familiar with processes in healthcare provider organizations.
- Historical Perspective
- Foundation: Dynamic models
- Trigger Events
- Message exchange paradigms
- Foundation: Static (content) models
- Abstract Message Structure, Fields, and Components
- Data Types
- Encoding Rules: Classic and XML syntax
- Z-Segments, Extensions to HL7
- An Overview of the version 2 documentation
- Profiles and localization
- Conformance and HL7 Tools
- Testing, programming APIs
- Commercial and Public Domain tools
- Use of HL7 version 2 in key domains
- Patient Registration Details
- Observation Reporting and Order Entry
- IHE: process, profile development, Connectathon
- Radiology HL7 version 2 based workflow profiles (SWF, PIR)
- Laboratory HL7 version 2 based workflow profiles (LTW, POCT)
Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as well as other support materials. The participants will receive a copy of the HTML version of the latest HL7 v2.X standard.
- René Spronk, HL7/IHE/DICOM Trainer, Ringholm.
- René has been providing both HL7 version 2 as well as HL7 version 3 training all around Europe since 2001. He has first hand experience in implementing HL7 version 2 as well as HL7 version 3 interfaces.
- Ringholm bv is a group of European experts in the field of messaging standards and systems integration in healthcare IT.
- Other tutors may be present should the number of trainees be larger than 20.
Terms and Conditions: Please read the Terms and Conditions.