Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Business name & other trading names].
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and/or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is Z5987452
Lawful basis: Consent
- Where our purpose for processing is: maintenance of mailing lists
- Which is necessary because: it is one of the benefits of membership
- We process your information by: using it to distribute messages from other mailing list members
- Data retention period: we will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists
- Sharing your information: we do not share your information with third parties
Lawful basis: Contract
- Where our purpose for processing is: to issue and process membership invoices
- Which is necessary because: memberships are paid on invoicing
- We process your information by: using it to send invoices to you
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until 24 months after you cease to be a member.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.